> I did not see ksh93 discussion went anywhere. Or did
> it? Also I did not think that ZFS was designed in the
> open. So yeah, there are some pockets where there is
> some activity but as I said it is nowhere near where
> it should be if you are expecting concrete, free
> flowing contributions from people.

Yes, the ksh93 discussion did go somewhere. If you don't follow the community,
you shouldn't evaluate it.

> > Just look at the recent discussion on
> "serendipitous
> > discovery" and /usr/gnu. If you think people
> aren't
> > having passionate discussions about items related
> > OpenSolaris, I'm not sure how much attention
> you're
> > paying.
> >
> I agree I don't follow each and every thing happening
> on OpenSolaris but I also think that I am fair in
> judging OpenSolaris based on the end results (How
> many significant community contributions).

If you're talking strictly about total size of code contributions, I would
agree, not enough has happened yet in my opinion.

> was mostly looking at it from a code changes and
> core design perspective - Is there a place where
> people can see the commits made to {Open}Solaris
> code in real-time and can comment/review those
> changes and then commiters can respond to it?  If
> there is a place like this, I think it is a good
>  start.

There is a place that lists the putback information, and people can comment on
it on the lists here. I don't believe there is a place to see live commits,
yet, but I could be wrong.

Putback logs are here:
http://opensolaris.org/os/community/on/onnv_putback_logs/

Sponsor request status is here: