> All of those things are being worked on now.
>

> Shawn Walker wrote:
> > I think the barriers to contribution are currently
> the biggest discouragement. Integration of even the
> smallest changes can take a very long time.
> >
> > Oh, and before I forget, the bug reporting system
> being out of sync with actual progress does not help
> at all.
> >
> > -Shawn
> >
> > Message was edited by:
> >         swalker
> >

> > This message posted from opensolaris.org
> >

> --
> Stephen Harpster
> Director, Open Source Software
> Sun Microsystems, Inc.

Forgive my pessimism then. Those things have been in a state of "being worked
on" since the project was opened to the public. Really, I'm only disenchanted
by them because of the licensing discussion. I don't see the point of changing
licenses when core problems still exist almost two years later. I know some of
these things are closer to being done, but, aaarrgghhh.

-Shawn