On Thursday 01 February 2007 03:51 pm, Alan Coopersmith wrote:
> How about "Look harder - they've all been in OpenSolaris for a long time"?

Humor me more. Having the software located on the OpenSolaris site doesn't
mean that it's a part of the project. When you download the sources for
OpenSolaris today, it does not install X, nor does it GNOME, nor does it
CUPS, as a case in point.

In fact, if we're lucky we can unpackage the tarball for the Xorg distribution
on what is called OpenSolaris today.

> Xorg release to OpenSolaris is coming up on the one year mark soon - it
> went out at the end of March 2006.   JDS/GNOME beat us by about 6 months.

Neither of which are actually functional in regards to OpenSolaris. Please
don't hurt your hand while you're patting yourself on the back.;-)

--

Alan DuBoff - Solaris x86 Engineering - IHV/OEM Group
Advocate of Insourcing at Sun, hire people that care about our company!