>These are the same people that wonder why after close to 2 years, open source
>software that is in Sun's Solaris distribution are not in OpenSolaris. When
>they ask why Xorg, GNOME, CUPs, or any other technology that is included in
>Solaris is not in OpenSolaris at this time, I'm not sure what to say other
>than "Sun is slow", but maybe I should change that to, "you don't understand
>licensing" as a catch all...:-/

No; I find it strange that you'd even ask why such software is not
on OpenSolaris.org.

It's almost like asking "Why is GNOME not on kernel.org"?

In some cases, when we have substantially changed the software
or when it is deeply embedded in other parts, it des make sense.
In others, it doesn't.

Casper