> x86 hardware support has been steadily improving over
> the last couple of
> years and the rate of improvement has accelerated in
> the past year.  I
> have only failed to install on one x64 system (and I
> have done a lot of
> installs) and that was an HP DL380.
>
> So the answer is x86 hardware support is being very
> actively fixed.

Well - Sigh. I am saying that the rate at which things (every thing where Sun
doesn't have active business interest but community can grow and benefit from
it) are improving is too excruciatingly slow compared to what happens with
other Open OSes and we got to figure out  a way to speed it up and the only way
is to involve the community actively.