On Fri, 23 Feb 2007, Laszlo (Laca) Peter wrote:
On Fri, 2007-02-23 at 09:36 -0800, Stephen Hahn wrote:
  I'm puzzled why it wouldn't be appropriate to just adjust SFW to take
  either classic-SFW or pkgbuild spec files as part of its build
  process.

It would be very appropriate, but I doubt it would be just an
adjustment.

  There's a project, a C-team with knowledge about freeware
  dependencies (that I'm sure would be happy to take on members), and an
  ongoing effort to change its processes.

And I appreciate their knowledge and experience.

  That is, why not just merge CCD, SFE, and SFW into a "freeware"
  consolidation that delivers appropriately to /usr, /usr/gnu, and
  elsewhere, and allow multiple build approaches?

Knowing both build approaches, I simply don't see how you can
merge 2 vastly different build systems into a coherent system.

Maybe a coherent system could be a longer term goal, and the first steps
toward that goal would be to address the sfwnv project's charter and
repository. In specific, greatly expand the charter (maybe rename it too),
and merge SFE, CCD, and SFW source into a single repository.