On Wed, 21 Mar 2007, Shawn Walker wrote:

> I never liked the /etc/opt/apache2, and so on that some distributions
> did as sometimes it wasn't clear which apache2 read what configuration
> from where, it also made greps by lazy admins (like me) painful ;)

Agreed, which is why the docs actually suggest /{etc,var}/opt/packagename,
for example, /etc/opt/RICHTapache2 and /var/opt/RICHTapache2.  Although
the pathname is a bit longer, there can be no confusion as to what package
it's associated with!

--
Rich Teer, SCSA, SCNA, SCSECA, OpenSolaris CAB member

CEO,
My Online Home Inventory

Voice: +1 (250) 979-1638
URLs: http://www.rite-group.com/rich