> 2. The currently proposed Apache 2.2.4 integration
> installs Apache in
> /usr/apache2, thereby _overwriting_ the existing
> Apache 2.0.x. Valid arguments
> have been made pro, and against this approach, with
> the suggestion that Apache
> 2.2.4 installs in /usr/apache2.2, thereby preserving
> the existing /usr/apache2.
> However, this alternate location would *not* alter
> the EOF/EOL timeout announced
> for Apache 2.0.x.

BTW, I have to ask this since it is very important to me:

are you going to be fully System V compliant when delivering the NG CoolStack,
namely:

/opt/sfw/bin/ and /opt/sfw/sbin/ for binaries,
/opt/sfw/lib/ for libs,
/opt/sfw/share/man/ for man pages (mimicking /usr/share/man),
/var/opt/sfw/ for data and
/etc/opt/sfw/ for configuration?

That would be extremely helpful in keeping everything clean. Basically I know
that I have three locations to worry about (/opt/sfw/, /var/opt/sfw/,
/etc/opt/sfw/) and that's it.  If I need to, I can also stick these on
different file systems or even on different servers.

Super-flexible and very, very clean. And System V compliant.

So, is it going to be done?