MC <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > "Ian Murdock" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > > isn't true at all, but many potential users will
> > never get past
> > > "When I hit backspace, I get ^H--Linux hasn't done
> > that since 1995!"
> >
> > This kind of nonsense was what I did see after I did
> > publish Schillix,
> > the first OpenSolaris based distro. These people are
> > just to uninformed
> > to know that they are talking about a property of
> > bash and not one of the
> > OS.
>
> Is it really nonsense?  If you build a product for a user, and the user
> doesn't like it, is it their fault or yours?

The problem is that the creators of the Linux distributions
keep their users uninformed.

They don't know that the command line features they see are features
from bash.

... and they don't know that Linux does not come with tar but with GNU tar.

It's not Solaris that created the ignorance of the Linux users that
cry for "Linux compatibility.

Solaris users and Sun however need to inform people.....

Jörg

       [EMAIL PROTECTED]                (uni)