On Sun, 8 Apr 2007, Chung Hang Christopher Chan wrote:

Yes, I know this. You still have not however answered
my question about where do I find a binary package or
a source tarball for the si3124 driver.

It's included in the latest stuff, grab Solaris Express and it's in there, AFAIK.

Not everyone wants to maintain their own kernel or
what not.

So, how is this different on Linux than OpenSolaris? Linux actually requires that you rebuild many of the drivers and other kernel modules for the specific version of the kernel you're using. That doesn't seem good.

--

Alan DuBoff - Solaris x86 IHV/OEM