On 4/27/07, Glen Gunselman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I did not file a bug report.  I did try to contact the cfengine maintainer
through the Blastwave interface.  I did not receive a reply or acknowledgment.

I did register at http://www.blastwave.org/mantis (and I see my id (GlenG) and
password still work).  The parts related to cfengine looked unused to me.

I did contact the cfengine folks through the [EMAIL PROTECTED] list.  They did not see
anything useful in the debug output nor did they believe installing the (then) new
version would cause a problem.  They wanted me to install the latest development version.
 They sent me the code but when I tried to compile it I was missing something.  I don't
remember what it was (this was last August or September).  As I had no idea how many more
"you need to install ... to continue" there might be, I stopped at that point.
(Note: cfengine was installed as part of something called SysNav.  I would not be
surprised to find out they modified some of the code, but when I tried to find out about
the various parts of SysNav (cfengine, Orca, Big Brother, Integrit, Nessus) I was
repeatedly told to go to the respective web sites.)

I had at least 2 problems with cfengine. One was that each time I tried to
start it, root's crontab was cleared to a 0 length file.  The other was that it
did not start.

sounds like dependency hell

been there and back again  :-(

Not sure what to do to help you though.