> I just want to check with other senior people on this. Am I one of the
> few that uses /sbin/sh as my default shell ? I quite literally use it
> as my default.

You like pain and misery, or what? (:-)

I mean /sbin/sh is the default shell and all, and one shouldn't  really change
it, but as an interactive shell, it's braindead.

Personally, I use tcsh for interactive stuff,
ksh for scripting because it's the most portable and scripts work everywhere,
and if the task at hand is simple enough, I'll even write a csh script.

Actually these days I write straight awk programs or solve the problem at hand
via Makefiles.

#!/usr/xpg4/bin/awk -f -

(:-)