> Coming from a Linux background, I don't expect
> OpenSolaris to look and
> feel like Linux, but I do expect the OpenSolaris
> community to actively
> engage with people like me. My impression is that,
> due to Sun's long
> proud history (and BSD roots), some in the
> OpenSolaris and Sun
> communities feel it is beneath them to recognize what
> Linux has been
> able to accomplish. This is not the way to win over
> Linux users, and I
> hope it is not the opinion of the majority of Solaris
> users.

I hope so too.  OTOH, some of the same goal and process
differences that are responsible for some of Linux's relative
strengths may also have played a part in those areas where
it's relatively weak, and I think those already here might
like to reduce barriers and adopt some of its strong points
while preserving our own strengths (which include backwards
compatibility).