Keith M Wesolowski wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 05, 2007 at 10:09:38AM +1200, Glynn Foster wrote:
>
>> So, can we just do it? I have powers to create a mail alias to start getting
>> some plans discussed [1] - should I just go ahead and do it? Some web space
>> would be nice, but not essential.
>>
>> How do we get this moving forward?
>
> Find a Group (preferably a relevant one) that wants to create your
> mailing list.  That's really all there is to it.  Creating new mail
> aliases like distro-discuss that squat on the namespace is naughty,
> though; the name should be a part of the sponsoring Group's namespace.

So since the Desktop seemingly isn't relevant enough, I've gone and mailed all 9
core contributors from the Installation and Packaging group to see if they can
endorse such a project. I'm still struggling to find a name of a mailing list
that better describes the work we want to do.

This is all very unmotivating.

Glynn