>Another point before I forget: I don't know about you, but where I
>live, we have special hardware devices with SIM cards that will
>generate a key for us to get into our e-banking sites, based on a
>random generated code. The hardware device must be unlocked with a PIN
>first, then a random generat ed number from a login website must be put
>into the device to get a final code.

Such hardware devices are still vulnerable to fishing attacks; by
modifying the transactions as they are approved, attackers can piggy-back
rogue transactions on top of authorized transactions

(this is what happened recently to a Dutch bank)

For now, these attacks are all Windows based as a considerable amount
of software needs to be installed on the raget system and writing it
for the most common platform is easiest.

Casper