>A couple questions regarding time zones in Solaris 10.

Please phrase questions with "in OpenSolaris".

There is no command to set the timezone.

>Also, concerning the rtc command; is this a must to run on Soalris x86
>and what is the benefit in doing so?

It sets the hardware clock to the appropriate local time; this is what
typical PC OSes expect; useless when all you run on the PC is Solaris.

>Last thing; once the time zone has been updated, is the only way to
>apply the update system wide is to reboot the server?

When you change the timezone, you will need to reboot because $TZ
is inherited from init(1m).

If you feel you need to change the timezone often, I'd suggest
setting it to "localtime" and use "zic -l" to change the localtime
link.

Casper