> In terms of software installation it could be better and will be MUCH
> better with the first 'Project Indiana' release which is heavily
> focussed on ease of installation and subsequent package management. Last
> plans I saw were for an October-ish release.

can we not take a look at project caiman now?  I would think that there is a
prototype stage at this point.

as for USB devices, I have gone so far as to pop in USB keys ( 4GB each )
and create a ZFS zpool with them.  The thing worked as expected on snv_68
and the throughput was .. a positive number of some sort.

Dennis

ps: top posting is evil but .. it seemed to be what you were doing.