On Mon, 2007-07-23 at 13:14 -0400, Dave Miner wrote:
> UNIX admin wrote:
> >> can we not take a look at project caiman now?  I
> >> would think that there is a
> >> prototype stage at this point.
> >
> > Yes, but it's not finished, and according to Dave Miner, it doesn't install
> > anything yet.
> >

> Old information.  See:
>
> http://blogs.sun.com/dminer/entry/indiana_installer_prototype
>
> The real Dwarf Caiman installer integration, which uses the existing
> pfinstall engine, is imminent.

Had a look at the screenshots - its nice to see they've de-fugly-fied
it, it was in dire need of being bought kicking and screaming into 2007.

Hopefully by the time Solaris 11 will be released, it will be a
professional distribution which has had attention spent not only on the
technical aspects by the interface in which administrators interact with
the operating system.

Matthew