> > Interesting for me as well, :) I was using DELL
> > laptop to run Solaris happily.
> > keyboard and NIC works properly.
> >
> > -Aubrey
>
> Yes but if you call dell support and tell them you are running solaris on the
> box and you believe that there is a hardware problem they will start by
> asking you to run windoz commands and will not even try to help you with the
> problem. I have been there. It does not even have to be their computers. I
> bought a dell LCD monitor and needed support when it froze up. They refused
> to support me after I told them that the monitor was hooked up to a Solaris
> host. "REFUSED". I had to call back and pretend I was running windozzzz. 8b...

Reminds me of an APC Mag article a while back about a laptop
manufacturer who tried to claim that by the individual putting Linux on
his laptop, it invalidated his warranty.

The best thing at that point is to know the consumer protection laws
back to front - having done that (for my own personal enjoyment) it
brings alot of fun when talking to businesses who refuse to stick to the
law.

Matthew