On Sat, 2007-08-04 at 17:41 +0200, William Pursell wrote:
> On 8/4/07, Kaiwai Gardiner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > > Sun wouldn't use Gnome if you would try to position Solaris as desktop OS.
> > >
> > > William
> >
> > Meh, personally I prefer KDE, and it would have been nice for Sun to buy
> > out Trolltech and release it under the CDDL licence - but hey, thats me.
> >
> > Mind you, it isn't as though GNOME is so monumentally broken that one
> > can't fix the deficiencies.
>
> Sun had 6 years to get it right. Still JDS in B69 is a memory-hungry,
> slow and unfriendly env.
> Maybe it's time for a change ...

Thats all very nice, but you've failed to actually say what is bad about
it; I've seen it run on machines ranging from a PIII 550 w/ 512MB to a
850 Duron with 512MB to this laptop I'm using which has a gig - neither
slow any 'slow and unfriendly'.

If my computer illiterate mother can use it, I'm sure *anyone* can.

Matthew