Michael,

> Since SCO had no right to enter into the deal, and had no authority to
> assign rights, wouldn't that essentially invalidate the deal -and therefore
> leave Sun as vulnerable as they were before the made that agreement -maybe
> even more so now that they've distributed code that they potentially may
> not even have the rights to?

Actually, that's incorrect.  SCOG *did* have rights to resell SysV under
license from Novell, and as far as Novell is concerned that's what happened
with the Sun deal.  That's why Novell is currently suing SCOG to collect the
revenue-sharing fees due them from what we paid the SCOG.  Even if they don't
collect (likely), that doesn't invalidate our license, since we paid for it
under the correct agreements.

Also, I've been told by people who where involved that all we were paying for
from SCOG was drivers, not core code.

IANAL, but apparently I'm better informed than the average press blogger. ;-)

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Lead