> And there should definitely be no assumptions that magneto-optical or optical
> media can only have UDFS, or some form of ISO-9660 just because these are the
> most common formats found on optical media today.

You're mistaken, no such assumption is made. If you put UFS on optical
media, it will be automounted. The assumption that is made is that there
is one filesystem per block device. For sliced or partitioned media,
sd(7D) will create separate block devices, so all filesystems on such
media will be automounted.

The discussed case is different in that multiple filesystems occupy the
same block device, with more than one superblock pointing to the same
physical blocks on the media. Mounting all of them might technically be
safe for read-only media, but I am not sure that it's the right thing
from the user experience point of view. I do not believe other OSes do
so, and we in Solaris are trying to be consistent.

-Artem