[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> >> Some DVDs contain two filesystems [1], hence
> >> mountable as either hsfs
> >> and udfs. fstyp returns the first match, and that's
> >> what HAL will use.
> >> One fix would be to treat these in the same fashion
> >> we treat hybrid
> >> data+audio media, i.e. pop a dialog asking for user's
> >> preference. A
> >> simpler but less generic fix would be in HAL: if
> >> libfstyp returns hsfs,
> >> call it again to check for udfs [2]. If anyone is
> >> willing to contribute
> >> code [3], I'll happily sponsor.
> >
> >Why can't HAL simply cycle through the media, and mount ALL filesystems it
> >finds on it?
> >

> Unfortunately, there's some media which hsfs recognizes but then fails to
> mount.

If you have such a medium, just send the first 1000 sectors of such a medium.
You should also have kernel messages and you could send the output of:

dtrace -n 'sdt:hsfs:: { trace(arg0); trace(arg1); trace(arg2); trace(arg3)}'

I asked you to do so on May 25th already......

Are you interested in a solution for your problem?

Jörg

       [EMAIL PROTECTED]                (uni)