Joerg Schilling wrote:
> Alan Coopersmith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Joerg Schilling wrote:
>>> I did explain why it is not "good enough".
>> You explained why UDF will be the wrong choice for making such
>> disks - but we're talking about mounting an existing disk here,
>> so if the disk has a UDF file system, it obviously can't have
>> any files so big they don't fit on UDF?    I still don't see
>> the problem here.
>
> In the laboratiries, there are already 4 layer Blu Ray disks.
> They have a capacitiy of 100 GB. As the limit for sinfle UDF files is
> 200 GB, we are not really far away from the problem.

Again, we all agree you should not make UDF filesystems if you
have data files that big, but if they're already made, what is
the problem in mounting the filesystem?

Is your hatred of UDF so overpowering you want to punish all
users foolish enough to own a disk with a UDF filesystem?

--
        -Alan Coopersmith-           [EMAIL PROTECTED]