Joerg Schilling writes:
> > Replacement of something currently in ON isn't necessarily a reason.
> > For example replacement of tar by star doesn't imply that start needs to
> > be in ON just because tar was (unless one or more of the above also apply).
>
> With this description, several files would need to go to ON that currently
> are
> not. libm is such a candidate...

How do you figure that?  What part of libm depends on a private
interface in ON?  What private parts of libm are used in ON?

There's a _build_ dependency, and a functioning system needs both libm
and bits from ON, but it's unclear to me what interdependency you're
observing here.  Can you clarify?

> If you believe that star should go elsewhere, then somebody from Sun would
> just
> need to create a wrapper makefile.

Yep.  Should be pretty easy for an interested person.