> On Tue, 2007-09-04 at 10:34 -0600, Mark J. Nelson
> wrote:
> > > I've actually received a reply back from the
> engineer resolving the
> > > problem, it seems that a performance tweak
> introduced in B72 has caused
> > > a problem with the detection of some cd/dvd
> drives. Hopefully B72 will
> > > either be respun or it will appear in B73.
> >
> > The concept of a "major release stopper" only
> applies to builds that are
> > designated as release milestones.  Build 72 is not
> such a build.  There
> > will not be a respin of build 72 to fix this or any
> other issues.
> >
> > --Mark
>
> Thats kind of stupid to release it knowing full well
> there is a royal
> cockup in the distribution which will cause issues.

I would guess there's probably a threshold of even known issues/regressions
below which it's still useful in enough cases to be worthwhile in terms of
larger
scale testing of everything else.   As long as notes on known issues (and esp.
regressions) are available without downloading the whole source or isos, it's
up
to whoever contemplates installing it to decide if it's likely to be useful to
them.