On Wed, 2007-09-05 at 20:11 -0700, W. Wayne Liauh wrote:
> > Thats kind of stupid to release it knowing full well
> > there is a royal
> > cockup in the distribution which will cause issues.
> >
> > Matthew
> >

> Ideally a serious Solaris-wannabe should have at least three Solaris
> slices: A stable release (Solaris 10, updated), a less unstable
> release (SXDE, or an SXCE build that you have felt comfortable with),
> and a "supposedly unstable" release (most recent SXCE build).  All
> these slices can share the same /opt/csw slice.
>
> Lately, however, the SXCE builds have behaved very stably and
> competently, and, many of us, myself included, have begun to use the
> newest SXCE build as the primary OS.  This can lead to false
> expectations.

True, but at the same time; it is an error that impacts on a HUGE number
of users. Not just one or two people. How can one adequately test the
release if the buid is so badly broken? sure, I don't expect perfection
but at the same time, if there are know issues that are regressions that
stop people from installing SXCE, then there are issues.

Matthew