Kaiwai Gardiner wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-09-04 at 10:34 -0600, Mark J. Nelson wrote:
>>> I've actually received a reply back from the engineer resolving the
>>> problem, it seems that a performance tweak introduced in B72 has caused
>>> a problem with the detection of some cd/dvd drives. Hopefully B72 will
>>> either be respun or it will appear in B73.
>> The concept of a "major release stopper" only applies to builds that are
>> designated as release milestones.  Build 72 is not such a build.  There
>> will not be a respin of build 72 to fix this or any other issues.
>>
>> --Mark
>
> Thats kind of stupid to release it knowing full well there is a royal
> cockup in the distribution which will cause issues.
>
> Matthew

Why?  SXCE is not intended to be a "stable" release.  It's released
solely so people have the latest and greatest in case they are doing
builds and need to cross flag days.  If you are looking for something
that is stable and still updated semi-frequently,  you should be running
the SXDE releases.

cheers,
steve

--
stephen lau // [EMAIL PROTECTED] | 650.786.0845 | http://whacked.net
opensolaris // solaris kernel development