On 26/11/2007, W. Wayne Liauh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> My mistake.  The locale for American English is indeed en_US.UTF-8.  For some
> reason the system defaults to C.  I *&^%% I had selected American English as
> my default locale.  Perhaps it was too much turkey.  My apology.

The system probably defaults to C because C is the *POSIX* locale.

I know that when building software in a development environment, it is
the only locale guaranteed to work in my experience.

--
Shawn Walker, Software and Systems Analyst
http://binarycrusader.blogspot.com/

"We don't have enough parallel universes to allow all uses of all
junction types--in the absence of quantum computing the combinatorics
are not in our favor..." --Larry Wall