"W. Wayne Liauh" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > because
> > other codings are hard wired into other standards
> > (e.g. CD-Text uses
> > ISO-8859-1).
> >
> > Jörg
> >
> > --
>
> Hi Jörg, you really know what you're doing, don't you?  :-)
>
> BTW, how can I read a non-US_ISO-8859-1 coded playlist from an audio CD?  As
> you are aware, it always shows up as garbled text if the locales don't match.

I am not sure what you understand by a "playlist". I was talking about CD-Text

If you call

        cdda2wav -B -vall

ans the CD contains CD-Text, you will get *.inf files
that contain the CD-Text in ISO-8859-1 unless the text
is in Japanese or Korean. Even if it is Japanese or Korean
it does not use unicode.

Jörg

       [EMAIL PROTECTED]                (uni)