Brian Cameron wrote:
>>          libmp.so.2 =>    /lib/libmp.so.2
>>          libmd.so.1 =>    /lib/libmd.so.1
>>          libscf.so.1 =>   /lib/libscf.so.1
>>          libast.so.1 =>   /usr/lib/libast.so.1
>>          libtsol.so.2 =>  /lib/libtsol.so.2
>>          libnvpair.so.1 =>        /lib/libnvpair.so.1
>>          libsec.so.1 =>   /lib/libsec.so.1
>>          libgen.so.1 =>   /lib/libgen.so.1
>  >          /platform/SUNW,Sun-Blade-1000/lib/libmd_psr.so.1
>
> I believe all the above are used by Solaris audit and Trusted Solaris,
> features that would need to be added to KDM for full Solaris support.

Many are sucked in through dependencies in other shared libraries.
elfdump -d is better than ldd for seeing what a binary actually lists
as it's dependencies.

>>          libXi.so.5 =>    /usr/lib/libXi.so.5
>
> I'd think you would want Xinerama support even if using KDM.

libXi is Xinput actually - Xinerama is libXinerama (or libXext for
older Solaris).   I believe both accessibility and generic libgtk
usage pull this in.

>>          libfontconfig.so.1 =>    /usr/lib/libfontconfig.so.1
>>          libfreetype.so.6 =>      /usr/sfw/lib/libfreetype.so.6
>>          libexpat.so.0 =>         /usr/lib/libexpat.so.0
>
> Some of these are probably sucked in because GTK+ depends on
> them (such as Xrender and expat).  Not sure about them all, though.
> I guess I'm surprised if KDM wouldn't use some of these (such as
> fontconfig and freetype).  Perhaps it doesn't have very robust
> font support?

fontconfig brings in freetype & expat.   I'm surprised I didn't see
libXft2 in the list, since the dependency chain is usually
gtk -> pango -> libXft2 -> fontconfig -> freetype & expat.

--
        -Alan Coopersmith-           [EMAIL PROTECTED]