Tirthankar wrote:
>> I'm looking to check for the presence of
>> various devices in a script run in cron, so the device may not have been
>> connected *recently*.
>>

> You can use rmformat and store the o/p in a file
> Next time you run rmformat, diff it with the old o/p
> stored in the file.
> If there are any differences, then you parse further to
> find out if a device was added recently

Yes, but none of that output gives me any clue which drive is attached!
The closest to any identification info is the manufacturer and part
number, but since I'm starting this project with two brand-new identical
drives, that doesn't help distinguish them in the least!

--
David Dyer-Bennet, [EMAIL PROTECTED]; http://dd-b.net/
Dragaera: http://dragaera.info