On Wed, Dec 19, 2007 at 06:36:13PM +0100, Joerg Schilling wrote:
> > It happened.  Oh well.  Now you might want to finish the task of
> > integrating star before someone appropriates that command name for
> > something else...  :/
>
> This does not depend on me as I am ready and waiting sice quite some time.

It most definitely does depend on you since noone is getting paid to do
it and noone is volunteering to do it either, which leaves you as the
party with the most interest in volunteering to do it.

> > And yes, a registry that all Linux/*BSDs/OpenSolaris distros/c-teams
> > could use would be cool.
>
> You find one at Sourceforge.net, one at freshmeat.net and one at
> developers.berlios.de/sourcewell.berlios.de and a smaller one at savannah.org

No.  The distro maintainers, c-teams, etcera, have to honor such a
registry in order for it to be useful in preventing conflicts.