On Wed, Dec 19, 2007 at 06:43:02PM +0100, Joerg Schilling wrote:
> Nicolas Williams <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > It most definitely does depend on you since noone is getting paid to do
> > it and noone is volunteering to do it either, which leaves you as the
> > party with the most interest in volunteering to do it.
>
> If integration only works with help from Sun employees and if Sun employees
> do
> not help, star integration will never be able to happen.

I was not referring to sponsors -- the work of making star compatible
with tar(1) when executed as "tar" is yours to do, and much of the other
work is yours too, but if you do this as someone outside SWAN then
you'll be getting a sponsor to help with certain tasks (and either way
you'll need someone to sponsor your ARC cases, if any are needed).

I don't know if a sponsor will be assigned when you ask for one, or
whether all potential sponsors can refuse to do it, or what.  (Yes, I
should know; I'm sure someone who does know will tell us.)

Nico