Changing the subject as the ogiginal subject has no relation to the current
topic in the mail....

Alan Coopersmith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Joerg Schilling wrote:
> > It is Sun that is interested in the integration but it also Sun that tries
> > to prevent it now. I am prepared but there is some work I cannot do.
>
> Sun does neither - it pays engineers to do work, but the corporation doesn't
> have opinions like this.    Someone at Sun was interested in this in the past,
> I don't know who, but are they still in the same job at Sun and still

As I did write several times already, there was a demand to replace /etc/rmt
(/usr/sbin/rmt) by a faster, more secure and more interoperable program, to
replace /usr/src/cmd/backup/lib/rmtlib.c by librmt from star and to let
ufsdump/ufsrestore use librmt in order to allow dumps to other OS and in order
to be able to use ssh for the transport of the date to the tape.

Later, the idea came up to also add star itself....

The wish resulted in PSARC 2004/480 and I cannot understand why something that
has been decided to be needed now has no people to work on. It seems that there
is a problem in the way Sun is organized if this can happen.

> interested?   You claim someone else at Sun is now blocking you - who is that?

If I did know this, it would be simpler for me ;-)

Jörg

       [EMAIL PROTECTED]                (uni)