On Fri, 28 Dec 2007, Moinak Ghosh wrote:

> The latest GParted having ntfsprogs 1.3.1.1 is able to successfully
> resize Vista Partitions. I have tried it several times without problems.
>
> Vista's built-in utility has a limitation on how much it can resize due
> to system files at the end of the partition being in use.

This is good to know. Although I haven't got a new system in quite some
time, and don't have any with Vista (most of my systems don't even have
windows on them;-). This could save me a lot of time/grief when I do run
across one.

The one that gives me fits is the MacBook, I have boot camp on mine and
can't get the firmware upgraded (have followed the online page at Apple
for boot camp, but it didn't work for me to upgrade the firmware).

--

Alan DuBoff - Solaris x86 IHV/OEM Group