Manish:

> A lot of .spec files have been written for the KDE4/Solaris project.
> A lot more are on the way I guess, thanks to the amazing work of a lot
> of people on this list (We all know who they are)
>
> Would these spec files be contributed to SFE as well?

That makes sense to me.  However, it might make sense to put them in
a separate subdirectory called "kde" or something.  It might be
nice to organize the spec-files a little bit so we don't have one
massive directory with thousands of spec files.  Perhaps we could
put python related stuff in a separate directory, etc.

> As I understand both the repositories stand to benefit a lot by this.
> Especially since a lot of KDE4 dependencies would be useful as
> stand-alone packages as well.  (Python for instance)
>
> Similarly, the KDE4/Solaris project might benefit as well.
> SFE has a lot of traffic; new .spec files are being written everyday.
>
> This sounds like a good idea. A typical OpenSolaris enthusiast would
> software checked-out and built from SFE.
> A lot of people also use Blastwave as well.
>
> While syncing up with Blastwave might not be possible as it uses Solaris
> 8 as it's base; we could explore merging .spec files with SFE.
>
> Does this sound  like a nice idea?

To me it does.  Laca is probably the person with the final say, though.

Brian