Hi ,

A lot of .spec files have been written for the KDE4/Solaris project.
A lot more are on the way I guess, thanks to the amazing work of a lot of
people on this list (We all know who they are)

Would these spec files be contributed to SFE as well?

As I understand both the repositories stand to benefit a lot by this.
Especially since a lot of KDE4 dependencies would be useful as stand-alone
packages as well.  (Python for instance)

Similarly, the KDE4/Solaris project might benefit as well.
SFE has a lot of traffic; new .spec files are being written everyday.

This sounds like a good idea. A typical OpenSolaris enthusiast would
software checked-out and built from SFE.
A lot of people also use Blastwave as well.

While syncing up with Blastwave might not be possible as it uses Solaris 8
as it's base; we could explore merging .spec files with SFE.

Does this sound  like a nice idea?

Thanks
Manish Chakravarty