On Fri, 25 Jan 2008, Glynn Foster wrote:

> While GNOME may end up being the default desktop, absolutely no reason
> why KDE packages should be a single pkg install away. Choice is good -
> even for derivative distributions where KDE is that default desktop.

Oh, I agree with you 100%, but just surprised to hear that change of
position. I use KDE for my desktop and have for quite a number of years
before I joined Sun.

I am also looking foward to a single pkg install away, over the wire.

KDE has never had Sun's blessing, and so be it. The community will make it
work, that is what open source is about.

--

Alan DuBoff - Solaris x86 IHV/OEM Group