On Jan 28, 2008 11:48 PM, A Hettinger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > I think too many of us are too obsessed with the SXCE
> > updates.  Let's move at least some of our vigors to
> > Indiana.  This is where actions should be in the next
> > couple of months.  :-)
> >
> > (Is anyone aware that OOo 2.3.1 now works in the
> > update version of India?)
>
> Not everyone agrees with you on this. It is my understanding that SXCE
> releases will continue, and until such time as standards compliancy is
> actually considered a goal of Indiana, it is of little interest. Frankly, if
> forced to discontinue my reliance on SXCE, I will likely go to ShilliX, as
> said compliancy is one of ShilliX's expressed goals.

Pardon, but please don't spread misinformation about Indiana. When
Indiana goes through ARC, etc. and completes the process, it will be
"standards compliant" according to Sun's guidelines.

Despite assertions to the contrary, Sun does break certain
compatibility from time to time and has guidelines for doing so.

> Computers are not about community, they are not about feeling good, they are
> not about finding a problem to solve, they are about solving the problem you
> have.

I disagree; the various homebrew computer clubs that existed in the
70's are proof of that...

--
Shawn Walker, Software and Systems Analyst
http://binarycrusader.blogspot.com/

"To err is human -- and to blame it on a computer is even more so." -
Robert Orben