On 04/21/08 20:54, Kyle McDonald wrote:
> Glenn Lagasse wrote:
>
>> * Kyle McDonald ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
>>

>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> If my counting is right, b87 should be out any time now.
>>>
>>> What are the changes I can expect to see in it? or where can I read
>>> about them myself?
>>>
>>> Specifically, I'm curious abotu SX installing/booting from ZFS?
>>>

>> Not gonna see that in B87.  At last check, that project was targeting
>> build 90 (but that's not a guarantee).
>>

> Bummer. I thought it was 87 or 88 last time I saw the question asked on
> the ZFS list. (I was trying to figure out a newer answer, without
> actually asking the same old question again.)
> Oh well, that's only another month... If it doesn't slip more.  ;)
>
>   -Kyle

Kyle,

There are 2 parts to the ZFS boot/install project. Boot and Install ;-)

The boot portion for x86 was integrated a while back and the remaining
support (for SPARC and swap/dump) was integrated into b88. Information
about that putback can be found on the ZFS boot page
<http://opensolaris.org/os/community/zfs/boot>

As Glenn accurately pointed out, the install portion of the project is
currently targeting build 90. To help people try out the new install
support, the team is also trying to get an install kit posted to their
project page in the next week or so. Watch zfs-discuss for an announcement.

       --jc
---
Jeff Cheeney
  OpenSolaris Storage Community Lead