Glenn Lagasse wrote:
> * Kyle McDonald ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
>
>> andrew wrote:
>>
>>> Support for using ZFS as the root filesystem was added in build 88, but
>>> there is not yet support for installing Solaris to a ZFS filesystem in the
>>> installer. This is expected soon - possibly build 90. If you want ZFS root
>>> support, wait for build 88 and use jumpstart to perform an install. If you
>>> don't like this idea, then another month or so should see support added to
>>> the installer.
>>>

>> This might be real good news...
>>
>> JumpStart is the only way I do my installs...
>> Is what you said above really right? JumpStart installs of b88 *will* be
>> able to install on ZFS?
>>
>> If so, it looks like the wait might only be about 2 weeks.
>>

> I wouldn't hold my breath.  Jumpstart lives in the Install consolidation
> and those changes haven't been integrated yet.

I won't. Thanks Glenn. Maybe Andrew was refferring to the .tar file that
is available for downlaod that can patch the install server... I've
tried that, and it's neat. But I'm looking to settle these machines on
the 'final' diesgin for ZFS install. I'll just wait and see what 89, 90,
and the others bring.

   -Kyle