Ming Kin Lai wrote:
> Sun can write all the PR things they want to claim that they are not
> abandoning Solaris.  But let's look at the real stuff.  For example, I would
> refer you to a thread "How to report bugs ?" in Sun's "General Solaris 10
> Discussion" forum
> (http://forums.sun.com/thread.jspa?threadID=5309841&tstart=0).  And one can
> judge how much attention Sun is giving to Solaris nowadays.  Someone wanted
> to report a Solaris bug and so far nobody answered such a simple question.
> You sounded like you are a Sun employee.  I am glad that there are Sun
> employees reading posts in this forum, but how come there does not appear to
> be any Sun employees reading that Solaris 10 forum?  And there are many
> unanswered posts there.  I personally posted quite a number there lately and
> quite a number, if not most, of them were not answered.  The facts speak for
> themselves.

The way to report bugs in Solaris 10 has been the same since the
day it was released, and the same as the way it has been for all
prior releases of Solaris as long as I can remember - via your
support contract by opening a service call either directly or via
sunsolve.sun.com.    (If you were to, by mistake, file it on
http://bugs.opensolaris.org/ it would go to the right place in the
end, but without a support contract customer reporting & escalating
it, it's unlikely to be fixed in a patch for an existing release.)

As for the forums, like most Sun engineers I suspect, I don't have
time to monitor many different forum sites, and never really got
involved in those forums - and while you may be viewing these as
web forums, they're gatewayed to mailing lists, so show up in my
inbox and are thus much easier to participate in.

--
        -Alan Coopersmith-           [EMAIL PROTECTED]