W. Wayne Liauh wrote:
Yung Sun has ported SCIM:

http://www.opensolaris.org/os/project/input-method/doc
uments/building_scim/

and UIM:

http://www.opensolaris.org/os/project/input-method/doc
uments/building_uim/
Kind of related, I guess, but this has just reminded me. I have a continuing need to enter and read Devangari script, and it seems a bit of a mess in OpenSolaris, updated to snv_98. If you look at, say, bbc.co.uk/hindi in firefox all the non-spacing characters are all over the shop, typically under / over the character after where they should be. The same happens in thunderbird. Attached is an image of the word `guruvar', `Thursday', the two underlying vowel marks should be under the character before where they are. I've been googling around, but haven't found a solution to this, only other people with the same problem.

Is this a known problem ? I know there have been issues with fonts in the last few releases, but I thought that was supposed to have been fixed by '98.

Rob

--
E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]               PHONE:  +44 24 7652 3037
Rob McMahon, IT Services, Warwick University, Coventry, CV4 7AL, England

<<inline: guruvar.png>>