> I'm not sure if scim-input-pad is you're looking for,
> I will integrate
> this component to OpenSolaris. And iirc, a scim
> developer in Novell
> (Peng Wu) planed to re-implement virtual keyboard for
> scim, I will talk
> to him to confirm. Yes, it's possible to add colors,
> I will have a look.
>
> Regards,

Hi Yong,

The scim-input-pad that is available in the Linux version of SCIM is a very
useful feature, but it is not what I had in mind.

For those of us living outside of China, we need (but don't have) a special
keyboard to use any input method engine other than pinyin (such as bopomofo or
Canjie, etc).  Perhaps virtual keyboard is the right term.

Currently no such virtual keyboard seems to be available in either the Windows
or Linux version of SCIM.  But, again, the scim-input-pad is an important
feature and should eventually be implemented.  Thanks again.