Everything was working fine on our snv_97 fileserver then one day our
transfers had slowed to a crawl. I originally thought it was CIFS only
but after some tests I can see that its all network transfers including
scp and ftp.

I've run some benchmarks like bonnie++ and disk IO seems to be ok.

A zpool scrub doesn't bring any errors and takes around the same time as
normal.

The problem is that copying to the machine will run at about 20Kb/s and
from the machine is faster, somewhere in the region of 60-100Kb/s.

What on earth could be causing this massive slowdown? I've rebooted the
machine, checked all the processes, checked for faulty devices,
everything I can think of.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Matt