Victor wrote:
> Hi all, I advantage this email to anounce a new project called Simple Panels.
> Our target is developing a Control Panel for any *nix binary distro (from
> OpenSolaris to Linux and OS X) in Python. So it is almost trivial to install
> and configure. It aims to help newcomers to take their first steps with
> OpenSolaris, by helping them to easily perform administration operations.

  Great to see such initiative from you all! Though I wonder should you
make this a OpenSolaris as the primary platform
initially given the technologies you want to administrate. Namely, there
is no ZFS on Linux (yet), no SMF AFAIK,
jail is probably closest to zone, but not exactly.

+1 with a well defined scope.
> Features:
>
> SimpleSVM: add, delete and modify metadevices

   While I am 100% clear example what you attempt to do here, I love to
have something like this.

-Ghee