On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 12:16 AM, Calum Benson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On 19 Oct 2008, at 13:11, Duncan Paterson wrote:
>
> > What are the chances that this will one day rival apt for selection,
> > frequency of updates and speed.
>
> It will happen a lot quicker once we have repositories in place to
> which everyone can contribute packages.  I get the feeling that'll be
> a pretty high priority once 2008.11 is out the door, and with a bit of
> luck it'll be in full swing in time for the 2009.04 release.
>
> Cheeri,
> Calum.
>
> --
> CALUM BENSON, Usability Engineer       Sun Microsystems Ireland
> mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]            GNOME Desktop Team
> http://blogs.sun.com/calum             +353 1 819 9771
>
> Any opinions are personal and not necessarily those of Sun Microsystems

Not necessary, because by then users can do the same thing in a better way
(more sophisticated, but complexity encapsulated from users) via the then
available conary-based version of Indiana.

Cheers,
%martin
-
%martin bochnig
Natamar project

PLATINUM-SPONSOR and co-developer: BRIAN GUPTA

http://www.opensolaris.org/os/project/fox/SPARC-Xorg/
http://user.cs.tu-berlin.de/~mbeinsx/FOX/bin-snapshots/<http://user.cs.tu-berlin.de/%7Embeinsx/FOX/bin-snapshots/>
http://www.martux.org/SPARC_distro_incl_Xorg7.2/

hg repo for upcoming distro-generator for x86/x64 and sparc:
http://martux.org:8001/

Conary 2.0 (current hg version) subdir of it:
http://martux.org:8001/?cmd=manifest;manifest=88a2838206ca739d6cf7138b0ed61f0f0222c061;path=/free-source/conary/

http://www.opensolaris.org/os/project/conary-eval/
(contains test version of conary for SPARC)