Matt Wilby schrieb:
> No note explaining the delay. Not very 'open' is it?
>
> b101 on consolidation doesn't contain all the files either.
>
> Not comparing Opensolaris with Linux or BSD for a minute, but at least with
> something like OpenSUSE you get a basic explanation for delays in releases.
>
> I'm not a developer, just a Sys Admin with an appreciation for good
> technology. Not communicating with the community is quite off putting.

I'm only an interested observer, but I'm also pretty frustrated with the
lack of communication concerning delays. No doubt that delays happen
from time to time, but I don't know what the big deal is about posting a
notice to opensolaris-announce containing the simple statement that
there is a delay and what the new schedule looks like. Additional
information on what is going on of course would be nice...