Just from my point of view, I've seen quite a bit of push from Sun
sales guys about 'Open Storage'.

If Sun are touting OpenSolaris as the OS for this low cost DIY
storage platform, they won't do themselves any favors by delaying
releases without explanation.

It can't be hard to write a one line explanation can it? Everyone
expects problems, we're only human after all.

Hopefully somebody upstream will get the message... :-)